having problem with cxoffice

From: Jim Dory <jim.dory@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 20:10:55 AKDT

Wondering if any of you could offer me some advice on how to
troubleshoot a problem I'm having. Here it is:

I've run Quicken 6 on cxoffice since about 3.x something - a year or
two anyway, no problem. I'm using Gentoo - and a recent change is
causing me grief - I don't know what the change was. I'm on cxoffice
4.1 now.

Now when I fire up Q., it loads fine (there's a brief message I don't
remember previous about creating snapshots). But there's no data
showing. The accounts window is blank, as well as a couple menu items
on the bottom bar of the program. The other menu items show fine. I
can drag the highlighting bar down the 'list' of accounts that do not
show. I can rightclick on the highlight bar and choose edit and the
account info is there. I can create reports and it shows data. But
opening up a register or account window shows no data.

I was thinking it might be a perl issue since I recently upgraded some
of that. Or a fonts issue. I've reinstalled cxoffice a number of
times. Perhaps I'm overlooking something very simple.

I tried installing quicken in wine but didn't have any luck.

help appreciated. Jim