Re: the police state cometh....

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 15:22:55 AKDT

Well, you mis-characterize the situation. I see it like the conviction
of a Scottish Piper who was tried and convicted of treason (and
subsequently hanged) after he was captured with the Scots who had taken
Stirling Castle (about 1746 I think). His defense was that he was just a
piper and not a combatant. The judge pointed out the Scots never went to
war without pipers, thus, his presence amongst the Scots at Stirling
Castle and his pipes was sufficient evidience that he was indeed guilty
of treason.

It was not the Great Scottish Highland Bagpipe that was convicted, but
merely part of the evidence that convicted the possessor of the
instrument. So, there is not criminal intent of having encryption
software if one is not committing crimes.

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing