Re: WiReD NEWS on newest Firefox video

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 23:39:32 AKDT

Wow! That funnyfox is so goofy it's funny. I had a real belly laugh (not
an insignificant event) upon seeing the woman eat the cell phone, after
of course being primed by the "Office" skit. fgd.

Stanley Long wrote:
> [Firefox] has hit more than 50 million downloads, spurred primarily by
> word-of-mouth advertising.
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/ebiz/0,1272,67612,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2
>
> ... the Mozilla Foundation relies on an army of volunteer marketers to
> spread the word -- users so loyal they devise their own DIY promotion
> ideas,
>
> The latest tactic for the 100,000 members of the Spread Firefox movement
> is to make commercials. Funnyfox, three humorous video clips ...
> http://www.funnyfox.org/
>
> "We're approaching 2 million views -- it's amazing to see the campaign
> spread around the world," said Paris-based Firefox evangelist Tristan
> Nitot, ...

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667