Re: aklug.org

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 10:34:26 AKDT

Greg and everybody,
This registration information shown in these messages has a date of 5
Apr 2003, so my conclusion is this is old (and hence, incorrect
information). I went to Go Daddy (www.godaddy.com) to check prices and
use their "whois" engine to check on whether aklug.org was taken. Here
is the result, which, as I mentioned in an earlier exchange of messages,
is current information. I don't know who took this action, never having
been privy to the inner workings of this technical stuff.

I note the most recent update was just a couple of hours ago. So,
instead of worrying about how we got here, let us take the action to get
where we want to go.

The registration is apparently good until 12 May 2006, the registrar is
Tucows, and stevens@corecom.net is the email address of both the
Administrator (who can make changes) and Technical (who knows about DNS)
contact. The Registrant's email address is dnsadmin@corecom.net, which
is much like the address of our, AKLUG's registered agent. That is, the
Registrant will pass the messages on to the Administrator or the
Technical Contact for action.

The way I see it, stevens@corecom.net has just renewed the AKLUG domain
(for us :-), so we need to thank stevens@corecom.net for taking action
on our behalf.

Dee, I don't quite fully understand your concern with the DNS servers
(cheese/bacon.akwireless.net). I don't know where the box is physically
located, and I am not sure I really need to know. Are you supposed to be
the Registrant or the Administrator or the Technical Contact or none of
the above, or some combination? As Secretry, I am a bit sensitive to
record keeping, identifying who is responsible for what, and so on.

So for the record, again I ask, who is (name, address, telephone number,
email address, title) responsible for maintaining the aklug.org domain
registration?

fgd. (Secretary, Alaska Linux Users Group)

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667
-- File: whois.20050518
NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the PIR
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest
Registry
for informational purposes only, and PIR does not guarantee its
accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All
rights reserved. PIR reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.
Domain ID:D2699229-LROR
Domain Name:AKLUG.ORG
Created On:11-May-1997 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:18-May-2005 17:10:15 UTC
Expiration Date:12-May-2006 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:tukbV54ufFUDQcGN
Registrant Name:AKLUG AKLUG
Registrant Organization:AKLUG
Registrant Street1:2020 E. Dowling, Suite 3A
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Anchorage
Registrant State/Province:AK