Re: Good distro for windows users

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 14:53:03 AKDT

On Friday 06 May 2005 01:09 am, Anthony Valentine wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am building a computer for a couple of friends and they want to try
> Linux. I have been using Gentoo exclusivly for years now so I do not
> have any experiance with any other recent distros.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good distro for a Windows user to switch to? It
> isn't necassary for it to be free, as they are willing to pay for it.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!

I won't suggest a distro, but I can think of a few things that are nice
to have 'just work'. Whatever distro provides these gets my vote, we
are voting..right?

1. Flash, Java
2. Acroread
3. Hotplug...auto mounting of USB/Firewire devices.
4. Libdvdcss2 :-)/multimedia support.
5. there is more... memtest86 failure.

--
Greg Madden