Re: Thunderbird sucks!

From: oneoldwoodsman <lcollins@gci.net>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 15:05:19 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:

>I'm trying to migrate to thunderbird but I'm having trouble getting it
>to work. I found a way to import my email from evolution. I have it
>under a folder called "Old Email". What I would like to do is filter
>this old email into different folders.
>
>Lets say I want aklug email to go into "Mailing Lists"/aklug. Under
>Evolution this is no problem. I can right click the email and create a
>filter. Under Thunderbird I have to do the following
>
> 1. Tools
> 2. Select "Message Filters..."
> 3. Create a filter

As you are viewing the email make sure you have the email header bar
expanded by clicking on the + sign next to "Subject" at the top of the
email. Next right click on the link in the "to" field in this case
"aklug@aklug.org" then you will see what you are looking for. That
should save you a few steps.

I've never used evolution so I don't know how it works but In
Thunderbird I like to set up filters so that it will label all my list
or forum emails different colors so I can easily spot them and identify
them as such. I also have the anti spam filters running and have
Thunderbird dump the spam into a separate folder labeled "junk"
automatically. Works great.

Lonnie