Re: Re LDAP help

From: damien hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 17:21:44 AKST

I did some more reading today and it seems that the DN or RDN is what
you need to authenticate. In your case you have to put in the ID number.

There may be "attributes" associated with the ID number (DN) but that's
just extra information. If the user name is an "attribute" you can't use
it to login.

There are two ways you can make this work.

1. Give each user their ID number
2. Add the users to the directory - cn=jon smith,dn=acme,dn=com

The first option should work but it's not an ideal solution. Option 2 is
the best option but you have to add this information to the server.

I'm not really sure how you would implement option 2. You might be able
to create a new "organizational unit" and add users to it. That would
give each user a DN.

I'm still trying to get my LDAP server working. I'll post some info as
soon as I get it working.