Re: iptables and games

From: damien hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 11:02:04 AKST

It's counter strike and I had an older version working through ipchains.
Back then I had to switch between blocking everything when I wasn't
playing and allowing everything when I wanted to play. When I switched
to an OpenBSD firewall it just worked. Stateful packet filtering in
OpenBSD worked great. I don't know why it's not working in Linux.

They may have made changes to the game that require a direct connection
of some kind. Looks like I have to do more searching.