Re: cron ftp and print

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 16:15:49 AKST

Greetings all, and especially William,

I first get a script working. I don't know if this can be done with just
bash or will perl or python (these are my hierarchy of choices) be
needed to do some or all. Once the script is working, setting up the
cron job is mildly trivial.

fgd.

William Bouterse wrote:
> Being a non-crontabber scripting person thought I would ask here first
> Using a Basic Mandrake 10.1 on old machine for KTNA
> Via wireless it accesses the NWS National Weather Service for
> regular weather updates, then needs to print hard copy for news
> volunteers who read it when appropriate. These people are separate from
> the main studio hence the wireless across the street.
>
> So printer, wireless and ftp working....
> Needs to access automatically and print at least three times a day and
> three times at night.....
>
> I envision an automated script of sorts.
>
> Suggestions?
>

> Thanks
>

> William (Bill) Bouterse
> KTNA Talkeetna Volunteer

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667