amd 64 linux installation

From: Oliver Savage <oliver.savage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 10:13:32 AKST

    Thanks Adam, I'll supply the CD's if you got the burner covered.
Forgot to mention that I'm interested in making this multi-boot. It
currently has Windows XP, and I would like to leave space over to
install Linux, XP 64, and Longhorn. I would like to compare all the 64
bit capable systems. However the XP install is left over from my
previous hardware, and the HDD hasn't been partitioned for the extra
OS's. I have a copy of Partition Magic, but if someone can easily
partition the sucker with OSS I would like to learn that process. It
is already backed up, so it doesn't matter if we kill it.
    Anyway just wanted to put that out there so people are prepared
with the right tools for the job. Really appreciate any help I can get
with this. Installing Linux for the first time on 32 bit systems was a
ball. It only took me five tries over a month and a half before I got
a LAMPP install running and serving MySQL backed webpages. I learned
alot!