Re: Linux photo browsers

From: Jim Dory <jdory@gci.net>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 10:01:22 AKST

I'll throw what I use in the ring: imgseek.
http://imgseek.python-hosting.com/

Pretty cool features. If you have a large collection you can actually
search a photo by sketching the rough shape out from your memory of it.
I don't use that feature yet - not that many photos.

It rotates jpegs non-lossy (as a lot of these viewers do).

I do have a little problem after upgrading the version recently:
sometimes the slideshow only shows the thumbnail rather than full image
- not sure if I did something to a config or what.

I've also looked at gthumb recently and it seems pretty good - though
I'm sticking w/ imgseek for now.
http://gthumb.sourceforge.net/

People have also mentioned pornview as good, despite its name. Haven't
looked at it yet.

cheers, JD