Re: Sun SCSI

From: Christopher E. Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 22:43:25 AKST

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Kurt Brendgard wrote:

> Thanks. It almost sounds like one that would in fact
> work in a PC. I'll have to look into that one. Thanks.
>
> Kurt

It does work in a PC (just fine in fact). I used to have some dozen
Symbios cards, and still have some 3 8751s (in use in PCs running Linux).
When I was at Denali Computer Systems we sold several hundred cards over
about 3 years, a mix of narrow and wide models, and later on the
NCR/Symbios based Ultra2-LVD cards.

The current production LSI LVD cards are not 53cXX based though. Still a
great card for a PC, but not native for a SUN/DEC system.