Re: PDF Files

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 15:25:46 AKST

Well, if you like to program in PostScript... here is what I do:

1. Use the right tool to convert the pdf to ps. It seems different tools
give different results on different pdf's. I have had pdf's that would
not convert to anything I could use.

2. I load the ps file in vim and go to the bottom and begin adding my
code just before the "showpage" command (or whatever might be used to
cause actual printing to occur).

3. Hmmm... are you sure you want to hear more? It really gets ugly fast.

fgd.

Jim wrote:
> I have a form in pdf format that I have to fill out. Is there an
> application that I can use to modify it, rather than print it out and
> try to find a typewriter (and remember how to use one?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667