Re: Freecycle Computers from work.

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 22:10:01 AKST

Wow! These machines are even older and punier than my Internet firewall
server. None for me, thank you. fgd.

Andrew Walker wrote:
> Hey, all. I mentioned these computers to all of you last night, and
> here's the run-down; this is the email I got from Wyatt, who's selling
> them:
>
> "They should work. they are pentium 75mhz and 100 mhz computers some have
> cd roms and some do not. the hard drives are small. Memory is unknown at
> this time. first come first serve. and seeing that you are part of the
> linux users group I have a bunch of older video, sound, network cards,
> and all sorts of cables. I am cleaning out the house. If interested
> call me at 696-5270 or 696-5270"
>
> So, how many of these would we want, and who would be willing to help
> me pick them up? Also, I'll put in dibs for all the cards, cables and
> such.
>
> -AJ

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667