Public Access Television

From: jonr <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 12:01:08 AKST

Hey all,

I have been kicking the idea around about doing some public access TV
shows on computers and the different things you can do with them. Like,
fixing a windows box that has been crippled from the Internet, building
email, web and file servers on Linux and some Mac stuff also. Basically
anything to do with computers and what you can do with them.

Nine Star has said that they would loan me their digital camcorders and
my supervisor said he would edit and run the A/V equipment. They would
be 30-60 minutes shows once a week or bi-weekly, bi-weekly sounds
better, less pressure.

I am posting to AKLUG to see if any of you would be interested in doing
a show or 2 or 3 or... It can be on any topic that you like as long as
it is geared towards technology. I know a lot of you and know that there
are some very bright people in this LUG and I also see it as a way to
really push the Linux Agenda.

Does this interest anyone? Does it sound like a good idea or a colossal
waste of time?

Post back to the list with ideas or dismissals and let me know if I
should keep pursuing this or if it should just drop to the wayside like
the Vic-20.

Thanks for any ideas,

Jon