Re: Finding a name inside of an email

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 06:04:38 AKST

* Ken Weinert <kweinert@gmail.com> [2005-02-23 14:45 +0100]:
> Shows what happens when you learn something and don't keep up with
> command changes. I would have written that command as:
>
> find ~/Maildir -type f -exec fgrep -i ledoux {} /dev/null \;
>
> which also shows the filename since you've fooled grep into thinking
> it's searching >1 file :)

You know, it's things like that started my habit of perusing the man
page before composing a command. I found myself struggling over getting
a command to do just what I wanted in a way I thought I remembered, and
then found out there was a new option... ;]

Anyway, while dinking around I found a regex to leave only the filename,
so here's the complete command:

find Maildir/ -type f -exec grep -iH ledoux {} \; | \

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]