Apartment too small, selling equipment

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 13:34:46 AKST

OK.

So, I brought home two machines from home with me when I visited the
lower 48.

My plan was to get them running, fiddle with 'em, and maybe even use one
of them as a workstation.

However: my apartment is too small to house so much hardware, and given
my primary workstation is having hardware issues, I'm selling some stuff:

1. Sun enterprise 2:
 512 MB RAM
 Two 4 GB SCSI SCA disks
 2x 200 MHz 64-bit SPARC cpus
 Fancy-shmancy sun keyboard, mouse
 UPA 24 bit 13W3 video
 SBUS 8bit adapter *might* be locatable
 Currently running linux, but runs solaris great (obviously)
 Askin' 150 bucks

2. SGI Challenge/S system:
  ~128 MB RAM
 One 4 GB Disk (with perhaps another in there too - I forget)
 One 200 MHz R4000 or R5000 CPU (32 bit)
 All the built-in stuff it has normally has : ethernet, SCSI, etc
 Askin' 35 bucks

I also might sell this system, completely, since again - it's off, in
the closet, etc:

3. Homebuilt PC:
 2x 400 MHz Pentium II-ECC CPUs
 ~580 MB RAM (SDRAM)
 ATI video (should be ATI)
 ES1371 (?) sound card (yes, linux compatible!)
Either Intel or linksys 100 Mbit ethernet
One 6 GB IDE disk
CDROM: Should be 40x, although I'm not sure. I don't use it, it might
not even work, and my only spare is a SCSI
I'll also throw in the other two unused IDE disks I have: a 10 GB and a 6 GB
The system currently has FreeBSD on it and I *just* put it back in the
closet for space's sake.
The system makes a decent workstation, provided you haven't a large
amount of speed-lust.
Make an offer- I'm not sure what it's worth.

Adam