Novell

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 15:12:37 AKST

I thought I would post this for Tim.

"Hello AKLUG members,

My name is Tim Trueblood. My company is based in Anchorage and is the
sole Novell Partner in Alaska.

May I have a few minutes of your time?

As you may be aware, Novell has added Open Source to its product line.

In 2000, Novell changed its metadirectory, eDirectory, to include a
multi-platform capability including Linux. In 2004, Novell acquired
Ximian and SUSE and is incorporating their products into its product
lines as well. As a result of those changes, Novell is now a leading
contributor to the Open Source movement. As a matter of fact, Novell is
now the leading contributor to the KDE desktop, number 1 contributor
and maintainer of the Gnome desktop, the Mono development platform and
Ximian Evolution mail client as well as a major contributor to Mozilla
and Open Office.

Novell would like for you to hear what that means to its business and to
your efforts in adopting Open Source product. To that end, Darrell
Sutherland, the Novell representative for Alaska, is extending an
invitation for you to attend a Novell hosted event on February 24th
over a pizza lunch planned to include AKLUG, NUGA and State of Alaska
employees. Door prizes will be part of the program.

Besides the business aspects of Linux Open Source, Darrell is planning a
rundown on Linux training opportunities available from Novell.

And there is no cost to yourself and colleagues you may choose to
include!

Would you be interested in attending? So that we are properly
provisioned, it would be helpful if you would RSVP me on or before
February 21st, ttrueblood[at]gci.net, or give me a call at 272-1627 or
my cell 441-0319.

I thank you in advance for your interest in this Novell sponsored event.

Tim Trueblood"

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.