The Linux Counter Project

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 12:32:38 AKST

Greetings:

For those of you who have entries on the Linux Counter
(http://counter.li.org/) please log in and verify your information, if you
would. This will keep your entry marked as a fresh valid entry and be
reflected in geographical statistics for Linux users.

For those of you who don't know what the Linux Counter Project is, or don't
have an entry on it I encourage you to create one there. This project is an
unofficial Linux census bureau which collects statistics on where
(geographically) Linux is used and how many users are using it. You can
create an entry to add to the headcount and still hide any personal
information (e-mail addresses, etc.) from public disclosure.

Not participating in the project won't kill us, but it's nice for bragging
rights to get our Linux density as high as possible. The US is ranked 36th
for density statistics, trailing countries like Slovenia, Liechtenstein, and
Poland.

        --Arthur Corliss