screen

From: Scott Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 22:37:40 AKST

I'm trying to run a program under 'screen' and also append another
program to run after screen has exited.

Example:

"screen -A command && screen -A command2 && screen -A command3"

I can't have all three running at the same time, due to other issues,
however what happens is as soon as I disconnect/detach the screen
session, the second (and third) commands execute. I use screen due to
ssh'ing into the box and the need to disconnect while the command is
still running.

Any suggestions on how to either a) get these commands to execute
after the completion of the first command fully (ie, don't execute
when detaching the screen session), b) use something other than the &&
to run multiple commands automatically in succession, or c) use
something other than screen to manage running processes in the
background?

Thanks a lot.

--
Scott Johnson