Re: 'cyclone' running on my system

From: Mac Mason <mac@cs.hmc.edu>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 09:50:39 AKST

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:27:30AM +0000, Justin Dieters wrote:
> Basically, this is just a warning to others to make sure their ssh is
> up-to-date. Also a request for things to look for to make sure this
> doesn't happen again - is there more I should look at than just
> upgrading ssh and changing passwords?
Yes.

Specifically, a "mkreiserfs /dev/hdX" (change command to fit your setup)
and a _complete_ reinstall _from scratch_.

Unless, of course, you have trusted copies of everything, with md5sums,
so you can verify them against the things on your system now.

    --Mac

--
Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac@cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129