Re: Bringing a free, mechanical KVM to meeting tonight.

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 13:46:39 AKST

Greetings Adam (and everybody else),

I missed this message before I attended the Lab Session where I was the
receipent of said KVM.

I have installed it at the Mabel T. Caverly Senior Center (MTCSC). I
have two hand-me-down boxen running Debian. One box is setup as an
intranet server where I can develop the MTCSC web site. MTCSC is a
Windows 2000 shop, so I need to make sure IE 5 (came with the three HP
boxen) can render what I do.

I have only one monitor, keyboard and mouse for this setup. Up until
recently, I have had no trouble ssh-ing to the server from my
workstation do do whatever I needed to do. For the past month or so, I
have been having trouble with the workstation (I plan to replace it with
another hand-me-down box) eating NIC's. I have been switching cables to
get the work done on the server, but that is not efficient.

So, this is a big help, and just fits - no mouse on the server =:-)}}}

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:07:17AM -0900, Adam bultman wrote:
> Hey.
>
> I have a KVM that I got from a friend.
>
> It is missing one (1) mouse cable. I would use it, except that on my
> computer, with my resolution, I get some wackiness on my monitors
> (2560x1024).
>
> Free to whomever wants it, but you'll need to buy a mouse cable, and you
> might get wierd shadowing if you run too high a resolution.
>
> Adam

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667