True wireless phone line extenders?

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 10:45:19 AKST

My parents recently moved into a house with some tweaky phone wiring. There
are three lines running into the house, but not to every room. Since it's a
rental, we can do a lot of modification (it sits on cement, and there's too
much blown insulation in the ceiling to try to drop more wires). We have
been trying a powerline phone line extender from RCA, and while it's OK,
sometimes the wiring of the house makes it degrade in quality, or simply not
work. Searching for "wireless phone extender" on google returns a bunch of
hits for extension via powerline (uh, hello, people? wire*less*. sigh). But
searching did turn up this:
http://wireless-products.rtx.dk/rtx/rtx3.nsf/efad399484aa8a48c1256cb6002e3a03/ef1331f184f7ca8dc1256e680044a0ba?OpenDocument

True wireless phone jack extension via 900MHz or 2.4GHz. They are developling
(or already have) a US version (they are in Denmark), but I've not been able
to find anyone who sells them.

Does anyone know of any good true wireless (other than the need for power, of
course) phone line extenders? They would sure help out in this situation.

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator