Proxies used by ISP's ?

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 13:05:18 AKST

I have a Debian mirror that I update through a cron job. About a week
ago I noticed that no new packages were being downloaded. I tried a
different mirror with the same results. These were two mirrors that I
regularly use, archive.progeny.com & linux.csua.berkley.edu. I switched
to a third mirror, debian.oregonstate.edu and I get all the packages
from the previous week.

I was wondering if ISP's use proxies because on a Debian mirror certain
files always have the same name, different dates of course. It seems
like I am getting cached files that indicate that my mirror is up to
date. Is this a likely scenario ? I use ACS, could it be ACS?

TIA

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.