CD burner problem

From: Lee Ross <leeross@gci.net>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 18:19:49 AKDT

Thanks to AKLUG for all the help last night on the "OLD IBM 300PL".

Taking advise to heart, about "getting those files off that harddrive", I
installed a cd burner. The install went fine but when Suse got done with
the configuration it left me with a problem error;

cdrdao has problems with ATAPI writers. When K3b 0.10 was released no
version of cdrdao was able to write without scsi emulation. Although it is
possible that there actually is a version with ATAPI support, it is
unlikely.

Solution:
Enabable IDE-SCSI (scsi emulation) for all devices. You may also install a
more recent version of cderdao which supports ATAPI devices.

I ok'd the notification and tried the burner anyway. It worked perfectly
burning a bunch of photos on a data cd.

Do I need to make a change somewhere in the bios?

--
Lee Ross
Anchorage, Alaska