OT Evil Worms

From: Enkidu <enkidu@bastardsonofgod.com>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 17:12:37 AKDT

My windows systems seem to have come down with something nasty that I
have not been able to identify with either virus scanners or through
many kilobytes of electronic journals. I suspect that it is a worm of
some kind, but I have been searching for these particular symptoms with
no results. There are no apparent registry entries made nor any new
executables created that I have been able to find. The only definitive
symptom is that the pathogen seems to block all connection attempts made
to external ip's. I can connect to any computer on my network with any
protocol (ftp, http, ssh, etc.) but all addresses outside of my router
fail, even in safe mode with networking enabled. The fact that the Linux
side isn't affected and the sudden onset of these problems lead me to
rule out most hardware and configuration issues. If any of you has an
idea of which particular nasty this might be, your input would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Art

--
~~