Re: WATCH FOR A HACKER!!!

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 23:31:02 AKDT

Yes, this just pertains to logging in as root via ssh - you'll still be
able to login as root locally. What I do over ssh is login as a normal
user, then su to root.

Every *nix box has a root user, so it's a no-brainer for someone to try
to login as that. If you deny logging in as root, then they have to
figure out what user accounts you have. And if they do get in as a
user, damage can be limited as they won't have full root access.

Justin