Re: Dual-Monitor Problems

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 10:24:50 AKDT

* James Davis <james@alaskanativetech.com> [041006 16:17]:
> Boy oh boy, today has been talking about several problems that I have
> been dealing with lately. I have a Dell 4600 running redhat 9. I just
> installed a Radeon 9200 pci video card. I am trying to run two
> monitors. I can't seem to get the on-board video and the new Radeon
> card working together. I installed the rpm package and ran fglrxconfig
> to configure the display adapter.
>
> Anyone have any luck with the Radeon 9200?

  Despite my disparaging remarks about the Matrox Technician (after all,
  I'm also a programmer :)), he did put me in the neighborhood of the
  solution. I don't know beans about Radeon - but do you know if they
  have a user base online or any forum-based support like Matrox?

  Could be a starting point .....
  And if you get the radeon specific issues resolved, feel free to
  contact me OTL if you want to see my XF86Config as I tweak it.

  tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>