wireless RS-232?

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 19:18:41 AKDT

Hey folks.

I've got a weather station (davis vantage pro, if anyone cares) that
communicates with a host over a 19200 (not adjustable) 9pin serial
connection. I'd like to get it up out of the way, but to put it up
where I want is about 25 ft away from the computer. It's not exactly
line-of-sight, but probably could be with a little finagling. I'd
really rather not run cable if I can help it.

Short of getting a second computer, setting it up as a host, and using
802.11b to connect to the 'real' host, is there a cheap way of doing
wireless RS-232 ?

Thanks in advance!