Re: anybody want a gmail invite?

From: Mac Mason <mac@orthanc.st.hmc.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 23:48:54 AKDT

> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 14:56, Beau V.C. Bellamy wrote:
> >
> > Insecure.

Well, yes, but it's _e-mail_, for crying out loud. It all gets sent
around with no encryption or anything at all else regardless.

Yeah, somebody's indexing it, but mail relays all over the place could
be doing that anyway, and gmail's at least nice enough to tell you.

With that said, my gmail account exists as a :0 c: in my .procmailrc and
an FCC in my mailer, because a) rather like having root on the box where
my e-mail is stored, b) want to be able to use PGP, and c) HATE WEBMAIL
INTERFACES WITH A BURNING PASSION, even though gmail's is, without a
doubt, the best I've seen.

Besides, the gmail compose box isn't vim, and therefore is an awful way
to enter text.

I also have several invites, if anybody wants in, or wants to beta test
gmailfs, or anything else fun.

    --Mac

--
Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac@cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129