prevent multiple concurrent ppp logins?

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 17:35:38 AKDT

Has anyone set up a dialup ISP and run into the problem of limiting
concurrent logins? This is my first time, and I've Googled it to
death. I found

http://www.anime.net/linuxisp/Linux-ISP-HOWTO.html

which has a script of sorts for sticking in /etc/profile, but I'm
wondering if this will work for dialup users with no shell allowed. I
won't be able to test it for a few days. In any case, the business I'm
consulting for has ordered a few modem banks, and I have no idea how
they limit logins -- I suspect it's totally different.

Cheers,
Jeremy