Gnome on Suse9.0

From: Lee Ross <leeross@gci.net>
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 04:48:08 AKDT

When I boot up in Gnome I get a screen that says;

Could not look up internet address 43-205-237-24.
This will prevent Gnome from operating correctly.
It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
43-205-237-24 to the file /etc/hosts

I understand what this is saying but don't understand exactly how to add
it. This is what my /etc/hosts file looks like now......

# hosts This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
# mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem. It is mostly
# used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
# On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
# "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname
#

127.0.0.1 localhost

# special IPv6 addresses
::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0 ipv6-localnet

ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts

127.0.0.2 linux.local linux

I added the address at the bottom of this file and I still get the message
when I boot. I know almost zero about command line so plz make it simple.

Thanks,

--
Lee Ross
Anchorage, Alaska