Re: Using su in X HOWTO

From: Joshua Kugler <jk@as.uaf.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 10:20:45 AKDT

Could someone enlighten me? I suppose this to be a security feature/default
configuration type thing. However, I do this *all* the time on my Mandrake
box, and have never had a problem. On an older version (8.2 I think) I had
problems if I tried to do this over SSH, but could do it from the X console
no problem. On my Mandrake 9/10 boxes I can SSH in, then su to root, and run
whatever I need. Am I missing something?

--
Joshua Kugler
Assistant Systems Administrator