kernel 2.6.8.1 & reiserfs

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 11:15:16 AKDT

I installed kernel 2.6.8.1 yesterday. Lets just say I'm thanking the
Linux gods for reiserfs.

First I had trouble booting the kernel. Left some things out I needed.
Then it looked like things were working. I tried switching to a console
and the system just locked up. Maybe it has something to do with X. I'm
not sure yet.

All I know is that I had to hit the powere button to reboot the box. did
it so many times I thought the system would come up with something like
"can't mount root file system".

Don't know if there is something wrong with 2.6.8.1. Could be something
I need to take out of the kernel. I do know that reiserfs saved my
system.

Currently running kernel 2.6.5