Bleeding eyes.

From: whitty reeve <whitty@reeve.com>
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 13:09:30 AKDT

Compiling everything from source makes my eyes bleed.
Dear god, make it stop, please make it stop!

Heh, i started an LFS (linux from scratch) build, and it works like a charm. I
spent 3 days compiling a system that has NOTHING to it. So, now that I've
build a nothing system, i have to go through BLFS (beyond linux from scratch)
to get an actual useable system.

Now comes the important part: Linux from scratch wasn't nearly as hard as i
thought it would be, besides a few errors that took a while to work around.,
there was nothing to it. It was....extremely monotonous. The main reason i
started was because I was getting fed up with the little things about
slackware. So, I decided that i would start from scratch, and here you have
it. Great learning experiance. I think that everybody should create one
sooner or later, just for the learning experiance.

Whitty