Need some advice

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 12:24:41 AKDT

We have a new web guy at my job that wants to be able to ssh into the webserver
and compile and install perl applications and cgi scripts to use on the
webserver. This person has just started working here and is an Americorps
volnteer who will more than likely be gone in one year.

What is the best way to allow him to do his work and keep the box secure from
his mistakes and poking around in places he should not be poking around in? I
was thinking about a chrooted ssh so that he can't go anywhere other than where
he needs to be. But what about installing cgi and perl scripts, how do I protect
the server from any mistakes he might make or any applications that he may try
to install that have a security risk?

Any help is appreciated,

Jon