Re: WebDAV

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 15:59:05 AKDT

My company is using that to allow some minor backing up and
file-accessibility for users, and some customers, I believe. It's a
pretty handy way of giving people filestorage access without giving them
say, SSH or FTP logins to a server. It's kind of a pain to administer
until you get the hang of it, though - I have this mixture of .htpasswd
style users and of almost chroot-style /etc/passwd style stuff - totally
wacky.

Anyway, I might be able to help you out if you are going to be using it,
but I can for sure say it's pretty cool. Combine it with the right kind
of website and you've got a really powerful tool.

Adam