Fwd: Open Source Applications ... IT Expo 2004

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 11:59:09 AKDT

I received the following email concerning the IT Expo. Now is probably a
good a time as any to start planning for the IT Expo. The following
requires a quick response but first we need to decide do we want to do
the Expo. Last year was a big success and the IT Expo folks like to
have us there, for some reason :)

 The Expo does require $$, about $650 just for the space, all the stuff
we give away being on top of that. I hit the membership up for that
last year and 'I' won't be doing that this year, to painfull :) I would
like to shop around for sponsorship. This brings up questions of what
we want to give to sponsors for their donations. Some ask for logo's on
web pages ..etc. I would like some feedback on what Aklug members think
of the sponsor idea, and want is acceptable as far as 'supporting' the
sponsor.

Finally, regarding the email. hopefully, if we participate, we will have
presenters, they could do the panel, of course anyone can do the panel
even if you don't feel like presenting.