Re: Opening apps in the background

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 19:07:31 AKDT

Hehe, I got it. By the way, great script, good job; thanks. Okay, this is kinda funny, it's a work around. But check it.
After the qiv window pops up, just press alt-tab and release, you go right back to the xterm WITH focus! Hehe, it's funny.
The answer is simple. I have been reading through HORDES of dcop calls (found some kick ass ones too may I add!) and
finally it dawned on me, alt-tab! hehe. I will go ahead and post some scripts with dcop calls later on next week, I got
some fun idears from the pages I've read due to this thread. Great thread, I've been trying to get around the same issue, only to
give up and touch the mouse (boooooooo! lol). Thanks for the push ;)

PS: It may be kde only, but maybe not... alt-tab, hehe lol. I read and read and read too...lol...I'm delirious! hehe

Hope it helps.
eddie