Re: 90% of Linux Systems Have Never Been Infected ...

From: <bryan@ak.net>
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 00:21:57 AKDT

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:32:23AM -0800, Stanley Long <slong@customcpu.com> wrote:

> SANTA CRUZ, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 28, 2004--Ninety two percent
> of survey respondents indicated that their Linux systems have never been
> infected with a virus, according to Evans Data's new Summer 2004 Linux

What I have trouble believing is that 8% have been infected with a
virus. What virus? I've heard about at least one virus being written
for Linux as a proof of concept, with limited capability. But I've
never heard of anyone actually being infected.

Do y'all know something I don't know?

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net