Re: Printer Problem on Reboot

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 15:25:52 AKDT

* Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu> [040726 10:14]:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Tim Johnson wrote:
>
> > I recently changed the I.P. address of my workstation
> > - which has Redhat 9.0 as OS -
> > from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.6
> >
> > since then, I have had the following problem:
> > when I reboot my computer, the printer doesn't work.
> >
> > The printer device is created via printconf-gui.
> > If I start printconf-gu and attempt to print a test page,
> > I get the following error message which can be viewed at
> > http://www.johnsons-web.com/demo/problems/print-problem1.png
> >
> > The printer is on a windows box and is accessed via samba.
> > It is easy to recreate the printer and restore the service.
> >
> > I've uploaded various configuration files to
> > http://www.johnsons-web.com/demo/problems. Included
> > are files that I would guess would influence this
> > behavior.
> >
> > I would welcome comments,suggestions and pointers to
> > docs on this subject. I can provide other files if
> > you wish.
>
> It's complaining about localhost--do you have it in your /etc/hosts file?
   Yup.

   You can view a reproduction of /etc/hosts at
   http://www.johnsons-web.com/demo/problems/hosts
   in the original file, I confirm that I.P. addresses, names, and
   aliases are seperated by TABs.

> The message about "localhost: no such file or directory" is a little odd
> though--that points to something else, maybe a misconfigured CUPS entry.

  If so, which entry would you guess that to be - and in what file?
  thanks
  tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>