Re: returned mail in my outbox

From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 05:35:56 AKDT

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:57:28 -0800
Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net> wrote:

> The following is the header from an email in my outbox in Kmail. I have
> started to get a few of these per day (in my outbox). I hope this
> doesn't mean someone is actually using me to send spam but maybe a
> spoof of my address

It looks like someone/something (probably one of the spam-viruses) was using your address in the "From" field. I see a large number of these at work, since our e-mail addresses tend to be in quite a few people's address book. So they get infected, and we see the bounces.

I haven't heard of any Linux based spam-virus or trojan (yet), so I'd bet good money it's not you.

Cheers,

James