Fedora Core 2 X Problem

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 08:24:24 AKDT

I'm having a weird problem with X on my FC2 box here at work, and I was
wondering if anyone else running FC2 has run into it.

If I ssh into another box, I have no problem running X applications and
displaying them on my box (since ssh is forwarding X connections).
However, if I su to root or another user and try it (exporting my display
and doing "xhost +otherbox" on my box to allow the incoming connection) it
doesn't work--I get a "Can't open display [...]" error.

SELinux isn't enabled, and I have no iptables rules, with all default
policies set to accept, so it's not a firewall issue.

Partly what I'm wondering is if it's something to do with the move from
XFree86 to Xorg maybe? Or is it just something else that maybe I'm
overlooking?

If anyone else has run into this, or has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Mike