Re: SATA and Raid

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 12:13:52 AKDT

On Saturday 10 July 2004 11:27 am, KSchneider wrote:
> Ok, my fountain of knowledge,

That's fun ;)

> what kind of experience do any of you have
> with SATA Raid controllers? I'm researching a new system that I'm going to
> put together for a client and have no experience with anything other than
> SCSI and IDE. I've heard great things about SATA, however, and so would
> love to have your collective input...

I wish I could help by experience, but, I haven't gone SATA yet. Have the chipsets, just
not the need/hardware. Anyhow, I got these two links that may help.

http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html
http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

I've "heard" good things about silicon image, and not so good things about ICH5.
RAID could be sketch. Development is constant...

That's all here, if/when, please post your results :)

bests,
eddie