Re: FTP Daemon

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:58:07 AKDT

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Jamie Hushower wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for FTP server software? I'm hoping
> for a suggestion other than "SCP". Thanks.

I've used ProFTPD and vsftpd quite a bit. For features and ease of
configuration, ProFTPD is pretty cool. For security you probably can't
beat vsftpd though (and it's configuration is pretty simple too). While
it isn't nearly in the league of wu-ftpd with regard to remote root holes,
ProFTPD has actually had a couple.

Mike