RE: network monitoring

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 13:07:25 AKDT

Lee Thomison writes:
> I need to set up a system to monitor the health and wellbeing
> of a mixed network of solaris 2.5.1, cisco switches and
> routers, windows 2000 machines of various fixpak levels, and
> some linux boxen.
> [...]
If you've got a lot of money to spend, you probably can't go
wrong with a combination of HP OpenView (redlight/greenlight,
trap management, and alarming) and Concord (trend analysis
and reporting)

If you've got little desire to spend a ton of money, check out
OpenNMS.

MRTG/RRD is also a good tool, although it requires more handholding
than OpenNMS.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s