Re: aklug Digest V3 #117

From: Jim <jsw@wadell.org>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 07:56:45 AKDT

Tim,

You can do the following:

change /etc/hosts (assuming you are also not changeing the hostmane

change /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and eth1. They should
be hard links to

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0

The gui also works fine- I had to chase the other down on a workstation
without the gui. There is also a character based network setup in redhat

/usr/sbin/redhat-config-network-tui

But I did not find that until later