RE: Open Source Report Generator

From: Troy Melhase <tmelhase@gci.com>
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 09:27:10 AKDT

> Hey folks, I'm looking for an open source report generator
> application for
> php/mysql (something akin to crystal reports, for instance).
> Instead of
> reinventing the wheel, I was hoping to find something already
> out there.
> If you guys have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Hi Kate:

I don't think there's an open source package that approaches the
functionality of Crystal Reports. That said, I'd look at these:

ReportLab http://www.reportlab.org/

Rekall http://www.rekallrevealed.org/index.shtml

The Rekall site says that it can be used to design reports, but there aren't
any screenshots of that.

Good luck -- please respond to the list if you find something that fits your
needs.

Troy Melhase
Software Engineer, GCI Internet Services
Desk 907-868-7066
Cell 907-250-0200
mailto:tmelhase@gci.com
http://www.gci.net/