Re: Program??

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 19:04:32 AKDT

On Friday 14 May 2004 12:20 am, Matthew Dunaway wrote:

> Is there a good website/book that will teach me how to write scripts for
> Linux? I don't know squat about programming except for a little bit of
> Commodore BASIC.

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/ (#1:p)
http://www.tldp.org/index.html
http://www.itp.phys.ethz.ch/econophysics/lecture-winlinux/Begleitmaterial/Unix-SedOneLiners_en.pdf
Mastering Regular Expressions by Jeffrey, E. F. Friedl
Linux Command Instant Reference
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/rute-home.html (everything)
Learning Perl By Randal L. Schwartz & Tom Phoenix

>Actually, I would like to try Debian. I have read a lot of good things
>about it. My problem is, I am still on dial-up, so makes it kinda hard
>to download and try other distro's. I am, however, getting DSL as soon
>as I can afford a router. When that happens, I'll give Debian a shot.

If ya have an old unused computer hanging around and an extra nic, check out http://smoothwall.org/. Much more than
a router too. I use a 166 as my smoothy, works like a charm, and was completely free (thanks acs :). I use to be surprised
about how so many people/companys would give away a 166-300 (mine was in a dumpster! save him, save him, dive...splash...YA!boohahaha),
until I hooked up with a few :) Plus, if ya dig around in the smoothy ya get to learn lots more than ya would if ya bought
a router. Smoothy has a great tweaking crowd at the forums too.

Bests, enjoy |:p))))))

eddie

cragalaska.com