Connectivity test

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 11:16:52 AKDT

Since I'm moving to Anchorage Alaska, my bosses are absolutely riding me about
connectivity.

My bosses have been quite vocal about having a ping time in the 55-80 ms range in order to work effectivly. Currently, I have ~60 ms average here in Grand Rapids michigan to my colo facility in Denver.

I haven't quite set up an apartment yet (moving July 10) and since I don't have that, I don't have cable yet, so I can't run the ping tests my bosses would like.

If you could, please traceroute to one of these addresses, and run some ping tests to one or more of the following IP addresses. IF you could, send the responses to me personally so we don't clutter up the list with my personal requests...

1. 64.78.236.12
2. 64.78.177.1
3. 64.78.150.2

I'm planning on either DSL or cable for when I get up there. I'm not big on blocked ports, and I'm not big on bandwidth limits, either. In Grand Rapids, Comcast is giving me about a 4Mbit/256k connection, so I'm really spoiled. I'm told GCI has a download limit - 10GB a month on their 1 Mbit line?

Thanks!
Adam